6.15pm – 7.45pm Monday 6th November, 2017 – The Hope 3 Melon Road, Peckham London SE15 5QW
Join us for relaxed informal discussions about field recording, audio walks, soundscape composition, immersive performances, geo-located media and digital live art performances, in which we share ideas, compositions and walks and explore how sound (and video) can contribute to an enhanced experience out and about on foot.
Taking place in south east London, on the First Monday of every month; whether you are novice or an expert, producer, performer or interested participant, do come and join in.
An agenda maybe created on an evening, otherwise it is an informal discussion. Bring headphones and any composition that you would like others to critically listen to – we have headphone ‘splitters’, a laptop and mp3 players so we can have a group listen!!
There is no charge – all we ask is that you let us know if you are coming by registering here and telling us about your areas of interest and any works you may have recorded or composed. When an opportunity occurs we may go outside to field test or make recordings.
The venue doesn’t have technical provision for listening to recorded pieces (although if you bring your own headphones we may havea ‘group listen’ – every third Sound Salon takes place within a 8:1 3D surround sound listening suite. Every second Sound Salon takes place on site for field recording or to try out a walking piece.
- There is no charge – all we ask is that you let us know if you are coming by registering.
- On the registration form we will ask you to provide 2 sentences that we will include in the list of participants to be shared before the event – one sentence for you to introduce yourself and one sentence for why you want to come – this will help speed up introductions.
- We will also ask if you are happy for your e mail address to be included along with your 2 sentences, to ease networking amongst participants.
- If you would like to have a time slot run a listening project or make a presentation, please indicate this on the form. We will ask you to provide details including a description, context, duration, format and how it was recorded and produced.
- Do please add any other information you feel may be pertinent, including works you may have composed, or themes you would like to have discussed.
The talkshop venues may not have technical provision for listening to recorded pieces – if you know of a venue that would offer such facilities every quarter, please let us know.
If you can’t make it, but would like to contribute the Sound Salon, then please complete this short survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/QDWBCPN
Growing from previous Sound Salons, we brought together the inaugural Sound Walk Sunday – with 50 artists and producers contributing more than 70 walking pieces – why not try one out?
Download SoundSalon_ResourceList_Mar17 shared at the March 2017 Sound Salon.
Whose idea was it to start the Sound Salon?
Andrew Stuck – Walking Creative and publisher of Talking Walking – podcast interviews of artists and professionals involved in walking.
Nigel Bristow – Film Director and Lecturer in Film and Stage drama at Goldsmith’s, University of the Arts, London.
Ian Thompson – Lecturer in Sound Design at University of Greenwich
Thanks to Natasha Lohan, producer of the Nunhead Album for providing the name for these regular events.
Walking in Step with: