Date(s) - 12/03/2021
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Continuing our new season of Urban Forest Explorations, to coincide with a new book from Paul Wood: London Tree Walks. Paul is the author of ‘London is a Forest’ (2019) and ‘London’s Street Trees‘ (one of the Guardian’s Nature Books of 2017) and the Great Trees of London Map (2020). We entice you to discover the flowering the Urban Forest
As spring starts to make its presence felt, join Paul Wood for a tour through virtual time and space looking at trees in bloom. You may be surprised to learn that London’s trees flower all through the year. At any time, a species will be flowering somewhere across the city, and in this talk, Paul will walk us through a timeline of trees flowering in the winter, spring, summer and autumn. This lavishly illustrated talk will highlight what species you might find in flower now, what’s still to come, and what you might have to wait a little longer for… And what’s more, if you have seen a tree in flower and you don’t know what it is, send us a picture, and we’ll ask Paul to tell us what it is.
- Held on Zoom using Google Streetview and may be recorded too. It will take approximately 45-60 minutes, and there will be a chance to ask questions during the tour. Unfamiliar with Zoom? Find out more here
- Try before you buy? watch Paul Wood at the Award-winning Urban Tree Festival
- Bookings will close within 30 minutes of the start of the event
- Range of ticket prices – scroll down to book – including free tickets to NHS & Key workers
- Don’t want to pay via PayPal? – don’t worry, you can pay by credit card – check here to see the steps you will encounter when you book.
- ZOOM Joining instructions are sent via e mail within 3 hours of the start – the email will include a link to the virtual tour (please check your junk mail folder, just in case…).
To find out more about previous or future Urban Forest Explorations with Paul Wood and the Museum of Walking – click here.
What participants told us on previous Exploring the Urban Forest walkshops:
What I like best about the event | What I found surprising | How much I enjoyed it and why?
- Learning and fun as one | All our friends wanted to come | 5 stars |
- The tree talks | The trees that only this borough plants | 5 stars | Very interesting and good guide
- Looking at local area & stories | The depth of knowledge of the guide| 5 stars | Interesting & enjoyable, lovely detail in unexpected places
- The diversity of trees I had never seen before | The Strawberry tree | 5 stars | Paul was very informative
Buy Paul’s latest book? – a signed copy sent to your door: London Tree Walks by Paul Wood was published in October 2020 and includes a dozen arboreal ambles through the green metropolis.buy from Paul’s on-line shop
Image credits: Paul Wood
This event is fully booked.