Date(s) - 14/01/2021
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Continuing our new season of Urban Forest Explorations, to coincide with a new book from Paul Wood: London Tree Walks. Paul is the author of ‘London is a Forest’ (2019) and ‘London’s Street Trees‘ (one of the Guardian’s Nature Books of 2017) and the Great Trees of London Map (2020). We entice you to discover Plane Tales – The Story of the London Plane.
If one plant symbolises London more than any other, it is surely the London Plane.
But did you know they don’t originate from London? And that they don’t exist in the wild?
Join Paul Wood for an online presentation about the arboreal giants that shape our cityscape where he will tell us all about these fascinating trees, including their origins to their use in cities, their value for wildlife and how they got their name..
- Held on Zoom using Google Streetview and may be recorded too. It will take approximately 45-60 minutes, and there will be a chance to ask questions during the tour. Unfamiliar with Zoom? Find out more here
- Try before you buy? watch Paul Wood at the Award-winning Urban Tree Festival
- Bookings will close within 30 minutes of the start of the event
- Range of ticket prices – scroll down to book – including free tickets to NHS & Key workers
- Don’t want to pay via PayPal? – don’t worry, you can pay by credit card – check here to see the steps you will encounter when you book.
- Joining instructions are sent via e mail within 3 hours of the start – the email will include a link to the virtual tour (please check your junk mail folder, just in case…).
To find out more about previous or future Urban Forest Explorations with Paul Wood and the Museum of Walking – click here.
What participants told us on previous Exploring the Urban Forest walkshops:
What I like best about the event | What I found surprising | How much I enjoyed it and why?
- Learning and fun as one | All our friends wanted to come | 5 stars |
- The tree talks | The trees that only this borough plants | 5 stars | Very interesting and good guide
- Looking at local area & stories | The depth of knowledge of the guide| 5 stars | Interesting & enjoyable, lovely detail in unexpected places
- The diversity of trees I had never seen before | The Strawberry tree | 5 stars | Paul was very informative
Buy Paul’s latest book? London Tree Walks by Paul Wood – signed copy sent to your door – buy from Paul’s on-line shop
Image credits: Paul Wood
Featured image: Platanus-x-hispanica-SW9
Bookings are closed for this event.