Date(s) - 11/02/2021
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Continuing our new season of Urban Forest Explorations, to coincide with a new book from Paul Wood: London Tree Walks. Paul is the author of ‘London is a Forest’ (2019) and ‘London’s Street Trees‘ (one of the Guardian’s Nature Books of 2017) and the Great Trees of London Map (2020). We entice you to discover the trees of St Paul’s and the City of London.
Join Paul Wood for another online guided tour taken from his recently published book, London Tree Walks. On this tour, Paul will lead us on a circular route from St Paul’s Cathedral taking in some of the City’s best loved landmarks and some of its most remarkable trees. You’ll be surprised just how many trees of note there are in the Square Mile, including some of London’s biggest and oldest Plane trees and rarities from across the globe.
London Tree Walks was published in October 2020 and includes a dozen arboreal ambles through the green metropolis, one of which ‘Green Corners of the City’ is the inspiration for this event.
- Held on Zoom using Google Streetview and may be recorded too. It will take approximately 45-60 minutes, and there will be a chance to ask questions during the tour. Unfamiliar with Zoom? Find out more here
- Try before you buy? watch Paul Wood at the Award-winning Urban Tree Festival
- Bookings will close within 30 minutes of the start of the event
- Range of ticket prices – scroll down to book – including free tickets to NHS & Key workers
- Don’t want to pay via PayPal? – don’t worry, you can pay by credit card – check here to see the steps you will encounter when you book.
- Joining instructions are sent via e mail within 3 hours of the start – the email will include a link to the virtual tour (please check your junk mail folder, just in case…).
To find out more about previous or future Urban Forest Explorations with Paul Wood and the Museum of Walking – click here.
What participants told us on previous Exploring the Urban Forest walkshops:
What I like best about the event | What I found surprising | How much I enjoyed it and why?
- Learning and fun as one | All our friends wanted to come | 5 stars |
- The tree talks | The trees that only this borough plants | 5 stars | Very interesting and good guide
- Looking at local area & stories | The depth of knowledge of the guide| 5 stars | Interesting & enjoyable, lovely detail in unexpected places
- The diversity of trees I had never seen before | The Strawberry tree | 5 stars | Paul was very informative
Buy Paul’s latest book? London Tree Walks by Paul Wood – signed copy sent to your door – buy from Paul’s on-line shop
Image credits: Paul Wood
Featured image: St Paul’s
Bookings are closed for this event.