We are delighted to announce the second URBAN TREE FESTIVAL in London that will take place over the weekend 18-19 May 2019. Similar to last year, it would not have been possible without the generosity of a core team of volunteers and financial support from Trees for Cities. More info.
Read about what took place in 2018: with financial help from more than 70 individuals in a crowdfunder campaign, and match funding from Trees for Cities the first ever Urban Tree Festival came to fruition over a weekend in May 2018.
Read more about THE URBAN TREE FESTIVAL 18-20 May 2018 – produced by the Museum of Walking with the participation of TiCL Media Ltd. and supported by Trees for Cities.
Imagine how bare a city would be without our trees. We say ‘our trees’ as our hearts open as we experience the healing and health benefit that trees provide. Just looking at trees can be inspiring and calming. We are constantly in awe of street trees, how they transform the concrete and sometimes drab urban environment. How a tree can capture our reflective and spiritual nature is also something we cherish. Being among nature and trees we find peace, reduce the mental chatter and relieve stress that we all experience.
Trees have an ability to lift our spirit and connect us to our higher sense, we wonder at their beauty and grace and marvel at their adaptability to persevere among the pollution and grime of inner city dwelling.
We hope you will agree that a celebratory festival of URBAN TREES is a cause worth supporting.
- Stalking the Mulberry Monasteries and Inns of Temple of the City of London - 18/05/2018 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- The Trees of Bloomsbury's Squares - 18/05/2018 - 20/05/2018 - 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- Mindfulness amongst trees - 18/05/2018 - 12:45 pm - 1:35 pm
- Urban Forest: Hampstead - 18/05/2018 - 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Urban Forest: Peckham SE15 - 19/05/2018 - 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- London Woodland Walk - 19/05/2018 - 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Songwalk in Nunhead Cemetery - 19/05/2018 - 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- Stalking the Hardy Ash - a photography walkshop - 19/05/2018 - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Mindfulness in the city - 19/05/2018 - 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
- Urban Tree Talk - 19/05/2018 - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Urban Forest: Stoke Newington - 20/05/2018 - 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Urban Tree Festival: Orchard to Orchard - a tour of 3 housing estate urban orchards - 20/05/2018 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Visualisation, Mindfulness & Movement - 20/05/2018 - 11:15 am - 12:45 pm
- Songwalk in Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park - 20/05/2018 - 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Stalking James I's mulberries - 20/05/2018 - 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
- Tree of False? a tree-sure hunt - 20/05/2018 - 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Haiku in Queen's Wood - 20/05/2018 - 5:00 pm
- URBAN TREE TALK - 07/10/2018 - 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm