The format of a Talk the Walk event is straightforward:
Meet up, and go on a walk
Mix and Mingle
Listen to a 3-5 minute presentation – up to 16 at any event – (let us know if you have something you want to talk about).
Ask questions – Share ideas – Create an action plan
Talk the Walk offers any participant the opportunity to speak to the whole group. The more speakers there are the less time each is given to speak.
Each Talk the Walk has a definite theme; themes have included: physical activity; emotional well-being and public space; animating public space; workplace health, retrofitting for walking; and children, play and independent mobility.
Bringing professionals from different fields together to promote walking is key to Talk the Walk, and in trying to achieve this and to keep costs to a minimum we have co-hosted Talk the Walks, with the Urban Design Group at the Arts Council, with Groundwork London, with Play England, with the London Borough of Bromley and with NHS Greenwich. We are always keen to hear from other organisations that can offer us a venue that accommodates 40 people.
You can read about previous Talk the Walks on this wiki and find out what participants think about them.
Go to our Get in Touch form to register your interest in a Talk the Walk or other Talkshops we offer.
- Physical activity - Talk the Walk - 25/11/2008 - 6:00 pm - 7:45 pm
- Emotional well-being and public space - Talk the Walk - 10/02/2009 - 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Animating public space - Talk the Walk - 03/06/2009 - 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Childhood: Children, play and independent mobility - Talk the Walk - 09/09/2009 - 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Wellbeing in the workplace - Talk the Walk - 25/11/2009 - 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Bargain interventions that change behaviour - Talk the Walk - 02/02/2010 - 4:30 pm - 7:15 pm
- Walking up the garden path - Talk the Walk - 21/04/2010 - 4:30 pm - 7:15 pm
- Retrofitting for Walking - Talk the Walk - 22/06/2010 - 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Playful Cities - Talk the Walk - 22/07/2010 - 4:30 pm - 7:15 pm
- Green spaces for Healthy Communities - Talk the Walk - 03/11/2010 - 4:30 pm - 7:15 pm
- Making Neighbourhoods more Neighbourly - Talk the Walk - 06/04/2011 - 4:30 pm - 7:15 pm
- Urban Tree Talk - write about trees - 19/05/2019 - 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm