- Various dates penciled in for 2018
London, EC4R 9AA (Exact address will be provided after booking) Closest tube: Monument
On this experience you will be guided to Secret Gardens in London, for a 90-120 minute haiku ‘walkshop’ (mobile workshop) in which you get to write, recite and share haiku – they are nifty 3 line poems with just 17 syllables. It is a great social activity, whether you are a novice or an accomplished poet, writing and reciting haiku is great fun. We help you draw inspiration from the surroundings you encounter and you get to discover beautiful and intriguing garden spaces. You can choose to have your haiku published in an anthology of the walkshop.
Haiku originally come from Japan where they were written in pictograms, in the Western style they are restricted to limited line formats. It is a creative writing challenge which gets the brain cells working!
A Secret Garden
Capturing its true beauty
In just three short lines
We have been running haiku walkshops in different London neighbourhoods over the last couple of years, and just this year have been commissioned by the City of London, the Mayor of London and The Woodland Trust to create bespoke haiku walkshops..
We are experimenting using the Funzing experiences platform (as opposed to Eventbrite) – https://uk.funzing.com/funz/secret-garden-haiku-11511? Price £18
- To make this walkshop ‘zing’ it needs a minimum of 4 people taking part, so please invite your colleagues, family and friends.
- It occasionally rains in London and can be chilly so dress accordingly, and wear comfy shoes as you may be walking on grass or rough surfaces. We run walkshops, whatever the weather.
- If you have mobility problems, please let us know beforehand and we will adjust the route accordingly
- We will choose a start point (often a cafe or an Underground station), with toilets close by, but won’t reveal the Secret Garden we are visiting.
- We know London well and plan to visit a different Secret Garden for each haiku walkshop
- We will provide you all the materials you need including:
- A fold-your-own notebook and pencil
- A downloadable anthology of haiku from the walkshop
What participants have said about our haiku walkshops
Walking in Step with Funzing