The Mayor of London has announced that 21-29 July 2018 will be the first ever London National Park City week! The Mayor will be working with the National Park City Foundation and partners across the city on a programme of events to champion London’s unique natural environment.
Over nine days London will be alive with events and activities giving Londoners the chance to explore the city’s amazing outdoors, including our trees and woodlands.
At the Museum of Walking, we are working with the Mayor of London, The Woodland Trust and Better Bankside, delivering a range of intriguing events on foot, helping you to explore London’s green spaces, trees and landscapes, throughout the week – we look forward to having you along.
Most of the events that the Museum of Walking are delivering are free, the exception is for Mindfulness in Nature, where there is a nominal charge of £5. Capacity for each event is limited, so you must book in advance to guarantee a place.
- Smell and Touch Sensory Safari - 23/07/2018 - 10:00 am - 11:30 am
- #Better Air Sensory Connections I - 23/07/2018 - 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
- Mindfulness in Nature - Mary Geraldine Harmsworth Gardens - 23/07/2018 - 6:15 pm - 7:30 pm
- #Better Air Sensory Connections II - 24/07/2018 - 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- #Better Air Sensory Connections III - 25/07/2018 - 8:00 am - 9:30 am
- Hidden Garden Haiku - 25/07/2018 - 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Lost rivers - Neckinger - 25/07/2018 - 6:15 pm - 7:45 pm
- Parks, Pleasure and Politics - 26/07/2018 - 6:15 pm - 7:45 pm
- Mindfulness in Nature - Ruskin Park - 27/07/2018 - 12:45 pm - 2:00 pm
- Nordic Walking - Beckenham Place Park - 27/07/2018 - 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- Woodland Mindfulness 1 - 28/07/2018 - 1:45 pm - 3:15 pm
- Woodland Mindfulness 2 - 28/07/2018 - 4:15 pm - 5:45 pm
- Mindfulness in Nature - Victoria Park - 29/07/2018 - 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
- London's Mulberry Heritage - Belair, Brockwell and Myatt’s Fields - 29/07/2018 - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm