Will you choose to dash or DAWDLE on your way through Clerkenwell? Steeped in history this part of London has offered plenty of curiosities and places to quench your thirst, how quickly can you find them?
A fun self-guided challenge or trail depending on your mood and stamina. It is a first for us at the Museum of Walking and one we hope will prove to be popular.
We are offering 2 start times at 12 Noon and 6.00pm everyday until 2 June 2016.
You simply book the time you plan to start your dash or DAWDLE, pay an entry fee of £10, download this map, and have your smartphone ready to take selfies and Tweet them. 30 minutes before the time you have booked your dash or DAWDLE, we send you an email with the clues that will lead you to 12 Clerkenwell pubs.
- Any day – just choose your start time
- 12 Noon : https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dash-or-d-a-w-d-l-e-1200-tickets-17408441116
- 6.00pm : https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dash-or-d-a-w-d-l-e-1800-tickets-17408513332
If you choose to dash rather than DAWDLE, we ask you to take a selfie of you (and your friends) and Tweet it including #DASHClerkenwell (wear or carry something distinctive). We will start the timer ten minutes after your booked time or when we see your selfie at #DashClerkenwell whichever is the sooner!
Complete the challenge in less than 75 minutes and you are entered in to a monthly draw to win a copy of The CAMRA Guide to London’s Best Beers, Pubs and Bars by Des de Moor (RRP £12.99).
- Take a selfie of you and your friends – wear or carry something distinctive
- Tweet your selfie and include #DashClerkenwell
- Use the clues to find 12 specific pubs in Clerkenwell – at each pub Tweet a selfie of you (and your group) in front of the pub and remember to include #DashClerkenwell in your Tweet.
Choose to DAWDLE? Take all the time you like and if you fancy sharing your fun, then Tweet using #DAWDLEClerkenwell – one of your Tweets might win you a prize too!
Esteemed Museum of Walking supporter, Andy-Boy has devised the Clerkenwell dash or DAWDLE and the graphics have been devised by Ian at Aardvark Graphics. We celebrated National Beer Day on Monday 15 June 2015, by ‘soft launching’ our first dash or DAWDLE challenge.